Tuesday, March 29, 2016
I have three hives this year. One was (a) a swarm I caught last year, (b) one was a package (that swarmed and that's (a)) and (c) one was another package. I already had a super on (a). I had feeders on (b) and (c). I took the feeders off of (b) and (c) this afternoon because they weren't taking the syrup, and put supers on them. (b) got a super with bare frames because it was stronger and (c) got a super with drawn comb because it was weaker. I also put a robber screen on (c) just because I don't want it bothered by the others. I didn't have time this afternoon for a full inspection. Hopefully next week I can pull brood frames out and give them a good look.