Friday, March 30, 2012

Cherokee Beekeepers Monthly Meeting

It was the first meeting of the year for the Cherokee Beekeepers, and my first meeting ever.  There was a good turnout.  The focus of the conversation was getting ready to install bees - putting together hives, frames, etc., and installing bees.

Some people there last night didn't have bees yet (but were expecting them) and some people there had been doing bees for years.  Some like me have one or two hives, some had 25 or more hives.  Some had bees they had taken to the apple orchards over on Dayton Mountain.

There was good conversation and information.  It was time well spent.  It will be good to know people around here so we can all help each other out.

I don't know if I'll have time this afternoon, but I need to assemble some boxes and get ready to do a split.  When I get to them, I'll post some pictures.  Stay tuned............

No comments:

Post a Comment