Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day of Adventure!

A couple of things to write about this morning.  There is a Apiary Section of the State of Tennessee website.  There is a lot of good information there that I'll bet a lot of people don't know about.  It has a listing of honey sellers, swarm catchers, info on fire ants, etc.  It also talks about registering your bees with the state.  There are advantages to doing this, plus it's also the law.  So I figured I'd send in my info so I'd be in compliance.

It's been raining yesterday and today, and things are very wet outside.  Too wet to garden or work in the yard.  So my better half and I are going to go down to Lafayette, GA and see the Pigeon Mountain Trading Company store.



Besides beekeeping stuff, they have a General Store that should be interesting to explore.  They advertise ventilated bee suits at a very reasonable price.  I'm hoping to get to see one (and maybe try one on).  It's only about an hour and a half drive from here, so it should make for a good day trip off the beaten path.

I'll try to get some pictures and post them when I return.

I didn't get the syrup made last night like I had planned, so I'll probably do that this evening when we get back from our trip.  I'm hoping the weather clears up and things dry out, because I'm really getting behind outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment