Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dreadful Anticipation

Well, if things go right, I'm going to peek into the hives this afternoon.  I think I feel good enough to get out and have Dad be my hands and back.  It' been several weeks since I've been able to get to the hives because of my back injury, and I just don't know what I'm going to find.  I hope they're all alive and not in too bad of shape.  According to a thread on beesource.com, the nectar flow has been unusually good, so they're probably bursting at the seems or may have even swarmed.  I guess we'll find out.  I've to get some more boxes and frames ready before we open hives.

Spring is not the time for a debilitating injury if you're a beekeeper.  Please don't take your back (or any of your health) for granted.  And be sure to hydrate before, during, and after going out in the beeyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment