Friday, May 31, 2013

Lots of things going on (and not going on)

The good news is that all four hives are thriving and need more room.  The other good news is that the swarm trap has a swarm residing in it now.  The bad news is that I've been in bed for two weeks with a strained back.  I'm up and about now with a walker, but not ready to work on hives yet.  Hopefully by Monday I'll at least be able to suit up and point and Dad will be able to do the lifting and manipulations.

Went to the Cherokee Beekeepers Association last night and we had a fairly good crowd.  The presentation was Ten Ways To Kill Your Bees Dead.  I agree that the presented methods will definitely kill your bees.

1 comment:

  1. Greg,

    I just opened the Tennessee Nectur Source chart. Great information. Thanks for the link.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete